About

2020 Committee


POSITION

NAME

CONTACT

EMAIL

President

Paul Tatters

0439 721 571

presidentnsfc1949@gmail.com

Vice- President

Craig Hughes

0403 037 561

craig.hughes@tpg.com.au

Secretary

Peta Tatters

0438 430 460

secretarynsfc1949@gmail.com

Treasurer

Dan McKenna

0434 077 787

treasurernsfc1949@gmail.com

Facility Manager

Paul Hainge

0400 114 060

paulhainge@hotmail.com







  


History

Founded in 1949 Newmarket Soccer Football Club is a Community Club that has a rich tradition of providing boys and girls with opportunities to have fun, build skills and fitness and enjoy all the benefits of working together as a team – all while playing the best game in the world!

The Club caters for junior boys and girls aged 3 to 17, Men’s, Women’s & Over 35s team for players of all abilities.

The Club was established by Australia Post workers on the south side of Brisbane and was originally called the Australian Postal Institute. In 1949 the club moved to McCook Park with the Club's first President Bert Williams also being the Senior Men's Coach. After a couple of years the Club's name was changed to Newmarket Soccer Football Club.   

The Club's logo has remained the same since foundation and depicts the Greek God Hermes the patron and protector of athletes and messenger of the Gods.

The land the fields occupy was originally used as a tannery and rail yard then the McCook Family ran a jersey stud farm.

The current Club House was built in 1982 and was opened by Alderman Joe St Ledger  a named the The Bob White Sporting Complex after then Club President,Life Member Bob White.  In 2014 the Club House was closed due to white ants and was rebuilt by BCC and was reopened by Lord Mayor Graham Quirk and Club President, Life Member Jack Di Trapani.

The Club's main field is named after Life Member and long time Groundsman Eddie Masters.


A-League FIFA FFA FBQ Football Brisbane